The B Team seeks an exceptional and experienced individual to join our team as a Senior Manager, starting as soon as possible.
About The B Team
The B Team is a catalyst for bold dialogue and business action toward a fairer, greener and more human economy. The B Team is comprised of business and civil society leaders, working together toward a principles and purpose-driven private sector. The ambition of The B Team is demonstrate that business can show courageous leadership and serve as a force for good.
At a time of major global changes, power shifts, loss of trust in leadership, continued loss of biodiversity and social inequality, The B Team advocates for policy change, drives progress in the businesses its leaders represent, and encourages investment in new solutions and tools for the business community. The B Team is operates as a non-for-profit organization.
The Governance & Transparency Initiative at The B Team is focused on enabling leadership actions to address the critical governance challenges of our time. Our vision is for business to act with integrity, accountability and responsibility, thereby contributing to a just and equitable world. The Governance & Transparency Initiative supports business action to end corruption, drive fair and transparent tax practice and protect civic rights.
About the position
Working right across The B Team, the Senior Manager will guide projects on Governance & Transparency that bring about new norms and practices of integrity, responsibility and accountability in the private sector, such as our Responsible Tax Principles. The Senior Manager will advance key relationships and partnerships with business, investors and civil society, thereby contributing to The B Team’s important agenda to rebuild trust across business and society.
S/he will be an adept strategist, a flexible and motivated team player and an experienced communicator. We seek a colleague who is highly organised, adaptable and action oriented. S/he can set out an ambitious work plan and achieve it, on time. S/he is able to absorb and assimilate research, stays on top of relevant issues and can speak articulately about the role of business leadership in governance and transparency.
The B Team staff are located in Berlin, New York and London, so proximity to these locations is desirable.
Working right across The B Team, responsibilities will include…
- Implementing innovative strategies and approaches for The B Team to drive greatest impact towards our vision, with a focus on our efforts around responsible taxation, anti-corruption and civic rights
- Collaborating with and leveraging B Team Leaders and their company teams/networks
- Developing and facilitating transformational partnerships and projects with companies, investors and business networks to support company leadership by example, addressing barriers to action and engaging companies to support strategic influencing efforts
- Engaging with government and civil society stakeholders, to advance The B Team agenda
- Managing projects, including budget development and tracking, designing and facilitating publications, workshops, multi-stakeholder working groups, company and civil society consultations and conferences
- Coordinating with our communications and events teams to produce effective, high quality and targeted events, publications and communications to support key outcomes
- Supporting The B Team with strong monitoring, evaluation and learning, communicating this to partners, funders and companies
- Contributing to fundraising efforts
The Senior Manager may also be required to take on other duties as need arises within the Governance & Transparency Initiative or the broader organization, to help drive forward our mission and vision.
The Senior Manager should offer:
- 7-10 years experience in work related to governance, transparency, accountability, human rights or sustainable business practice, and a network that reflects this experience
- Familiarity with NGOs and multistakeholder frameworks
- Deep knowledge of the challenges posed by poor governance and lack of transparency and the range of contributions business can make to improve accountability
- Ability to project manage independently, including overseeing research and translating research into practical application for a business audience
- Track record of producing high quality publications and events that engage targeted audiences
- Experience of building relationships and developing high impact partnerships
- Outstanding communications skills, including public speaking
- Awareness of the NGO funding landscape and some fundraising experience
Bonus if you are someone who has….
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Expertise in and around taxation and tax policy issues
How to Apply
If you believe in what we’re doing and you share our values, apply by sending your application with the subject line ‘LAST NAME Senior Manager, Governance & Transparency’ (in a single PDF document) to email@example.com, consisting of the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest in The B Team and the position
- Your CV/résumé
- A list of 3 references (only to be used with your prior notification)
- Current salary/salary expectations
The deadline for applications is 12 November 2018.