The B Team’s Net-Zero by 2050 team is looking for interns for the period of June through end of September 2019.
The B Team, founded in 2013, is a catalyst for bold dialogue, courageous leadership and brave business action toward a fairer, greener and more human economy. The B Team’s global collective of business and civil society Leaders are working together to build a principled and purpose-driven private sector and demonstrate that, with courageous leadership, business becomes a force for good.
Net-Zero by 2050 is The B Team’s climate ambition initiative.
From June, The B Team will have one or two internship positions available on the Net-Zero by 2050 team in our London office.
We are looking for a proactive, action-oriented, strategic thinker to support our Net-Zero by 2050 vision and work. The intern(s) will work across Net-Zero by 2050 activities to help develop country and industry strategy and analysis, engage with partners and develop communications and outreach collateral.
Part of the internship will be focused on the preparations for The B Team’s role and contributions at the UNSG Climate Summit and other strategic events and moments during the UN General Assembly and Climate Week 2019.
Other priority areas of work are the global ratchet up of business and policy ambition on climate, including through tracking and reporting on progress of The B Team’s Net-Zero companies, supporting the ambitious Leader voice during strategic moments including COP, the G7 and the G20, driving industry leadership and identifying key levers for economic transformation.
As Net-Zero by 2050 intern, you will be an integral part of The B Team staff. You will work cross functionally across the Net-Zero team with colleagues on the cause strategy, communications, events and community and development teams. You will support these teams in the execution of the various campaigns and targeted work.
You will also work directly with line managers to identify an in-depth learning assignment that will contribute to your professional growth. You will work with both our business and civil society partners while gaining unique insight into strategic corporate advocacy.
Intern(s) roles and responsibilities may include:
- Researching and developing briefings and talking points on topics related to Net-Zero by 2050.
- Supporting the development of our Net-Zero by 2050 Progress Report, including consolidating written and verbal information and researching and writing case studies.
- Providing organisational support for events, including preparing invitations, briefings and content for our events.
What we offer
Intern(s) will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the role of business in driving positive change for the benefit and wellbeing of people and the planet
- Learn about systemic climate and sustainability issues and strategies to address them
- Build skills in strategic engagement and advocacy and understand how to drive effective partnerships across business and civil society
- Gain exposure to key players and voices in the climate movement
The Net-Zero by 2050 team will support the Intern(s) with growth opportunities and mentoring, engaging the Intern(s) in both internal meetings and engagements with business and civil society partners.
Profile of the intern
Diverse teams are important to The B Team. To qualify for an internship with The B Team:
- You are enthusiastic, have an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude and have strong social, communication and organisational skills.
- You have a demonstrable interest in the area of work of The B Team’s Net-Zero by 2050 team: sustainability and/or climate.
- You are completing or have obtained an academic degree in a relevant field of study, minimum 3rd years Bachelor.
- You are authorized to work in the UK.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and we will strive not to discriminate based on ability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, health status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Conditions & Remuneration
The successful candidate will be paid the London living wage of 10.55 GBP per hour. The internship period will last 12 weeks at 40 hours per week starting in June 2019 through September 2019 (flexible depending on availability and in consultation)
You application must consist of the following documents:
- An application letter in English of maximum 1 page
- A CV
- A signed recommendation letter
An interview, either in person or via video conference and a written exercise will be part of the selection process.
You may address you application to Charlotte Blommestijn and Emily Hickson, internship coordinators, per email with the subject line: ‘Net-Zero by 2050 Intern: [your name] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The latest date during which you may submit your application is 28 May 2019.