Role: Director, Communications and Development
Location: New York, NY
Deadline: May 24, 2019
The B Team, founded in 2013, is a catalyst for bold dialogue, courageous leadership and brave business action toward a fairer, greener and more human economy. The B Team’s global collective of business and civil society Leaders are working together to build a principled and purpose-driven private sector and demonstrate that, with courageous leadership, business becomes a force for good.
The Director of Communications and Development is a critical role for the organisation, which has communications and advocacy at its core.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening our capabilities and resources in these two key areas to ensure our outputs match and drive the ambition of the organization. This role will oversee a passionate and capable team of communications and development professionals, all located in the New York office.
- A demonstrated passion for and experience of issues linked to the environment, better governance and/or human rights. Strong belief that business has an important role to play in building a sustainable, inclusive future.
- An effective storyteller with a good sense of brand strategy and development, who understands how to bring our vision to life via well-defined, influential audiences.
- Ability and experience in developing high-level partnerships with international, institutional and corporate funders, and a deep understanding of the ecosystem in which we work. At the same time, offering creative ideas and a clear vision for how to both nurture existing donors and diversify the current funding model.
- Experience as an organizational leader, nurturing and leading dynamic teams as well as developing strong and positive working relationships with colleagues across locations and in our B Team Leader companies and partners.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who:
- Has 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably operating at the highest level of communications and development.
- Is a good listener with a collaborative leadership style.
- Has excellent interpersonal, networking and written/verbal communication skills for working with both internal and external partners.
- Is highly responsive, results-oriented and proactive with a flexible approach.
- Is patient, level-headed and calm under pressure.
- Is good at providing clear direction and setting a vision for the team, but equally adept at focusing on details to ensure production quality is high.
- Can think on their feet, is comfortable in a start-up environment and is adept at learning new topics on the fly.
We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and we will strive not to discriminate based on ability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, health status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe in what we’re doing and you share our values, please apply by sending your résumé and a cover letter (in a single PDF document) telling us why you are the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Director, Communications and Development.