About The B Team
The B Team is a not-for-profit formed by a group of business leaders working to catalyse a better way of doing business for the wellbeing of people and the planet. By collectively advocating for policy change, driving progress in our own businesses, and investing in new solutions and tools for the business community, we work to drive social and environmental change.
About the Role – Director, 100% Human at Work
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join us at the Director level, reporting to the Managing Partner & CEO (with strategic leadership from the Senior Partner, 100% Human at Work), to take a key leadership role with our 100% Human at Work Initiative. The core focus of the role will be driving forward key work-streams focused on: Diversity (gender equality and LGBT rights), Migrants & Refugees, and the Hidden Workforce.
The ideal individual will not only have the relevant subject matter experience, but also a far reaching network, and experience of working strategically with corporations to implement change. The role will be based in our London or New York City offices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead on the development of our core work around Diversity (LGBT, Gender), Refugees and Migrants, and the Hidden Workforce
- Take ownership of campaigns strategies including delivery of engagements events, research, identifying and delivering key intervention opportunities and creation of core partnerships.
- Work in partnership the ITUC and other partners to create a large scale ‘hidden workforce’ campaign
- Develop the concept of the ‘social contract’: focused on three core areas: living wage, job security and safety.
Work with the Senior Partners and the Development Team to identify and develop fundraising opportunities
- Develop and strengthen our network of partners
- Work closely with The B Team Leaders and their companies to ensure they are all “leading by example” across areas of focus.
- With the Senior Partner, 100% Human at Work, manage the Working Group of B Team Leaders across the 100% Human at Work Network
- Lead the development of up-to-date background materials, talking points, briefing notes, research projects and FAQs
- Contribute to content development including thought leadership and blogs on the opportunities and challenges around core campaigns
- Support the development of effective public relations strategies and campaigns for the 100% Human at Work initiative, including campaigns focused on inclusive leadership and human rights/supply chains.
- Identify and communicate policy change globally relevant to the 100% Human Initiative
- Develop and oversee regular reporting and communications to all stakeholders, including metrics for success
- Work closely with the Network Lead, 100% Human at Work to continually review how the Network links with and supports the core work-streams and how these add value to the network
- Work with the Senior Partner, 100% Human at Work, and the Communications team, to develop our communications and engagement strategy
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Strong programme development and project management skills
- At least 10 years of experience working in the area of social change within business
- Experience working with C-Suite executives
- A network that can be drawn upon to further enhance the 100% Human at Work Initiative
- Proven ability to deliver marketing, communications and campaigns strategies
- High level stakeholder management experience
- Experience in building and growing partnerships
- The ability to create excellent working relationships and is a great team player
- Entrepreneurial talent – the ability to turn challenges into opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, innovative and personable qualities
- The ethics to treats all people with equal respect.
- A deep commitment to and demonstrated interest in the mission and core beliefs of The B Team
If you believe in what we’re doing and you share our values, please apply by sending your résumé and a cover letter (in a single PDF document) telling us why you are the best person for this job to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Your Name: Director, 100% Human at Work”.